Cyber Systems Watch Officer - #1990341
ASRC Federal Holding Company
ASRC Federal is seeking an Information Technology (IT) professional for the role of Cyber Systems Watch Officer in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Unified Cyber Situational Awareness (UCSA) program in Pensacola, FL.
The Cyber Systems Watch Officer will provide persistent monitoring of IT infrastructure and network management of all UCSA network elements, enclaves, and systems using Government and commercial monitoring tools. This is a 24/7/365 environment and is primarily a shift position. The chosen candidate must have the ability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift.
This is a 24x7x365 environment. The candidate must have the ability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift schedules.
- Manages incoming and outgoing communications, including voice (secure/unsecure), e-mail and message traffic over classified and unclassified networks.
- Performs basic system administration tasks such as account unlocks and password resets for external customers.
- Monitors for system outages and provides guidance for all performance/alarm thresholds.
- Identifies, reports, and supports the restoration of alarm conditions, escalating as needed.
- Coordinates mission critical system maintenance (both scheduled and emergency) including issuing notices, coordinating with external agencies, hosting pre-maintenance meetings with stakeholders, creating and closing tracking tickets, and verifying restoration of services.
- Research DoD directives, authorized service interruptions, and task orders to provide situational awareness to leadership which includes preparing and distributing daily situational reports and briefings required by operations, the user community and leadership.
- Prepares hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly reports on restoration efforts and system health and performance.
- Uses Remedy ticketing system to create, monitor, report, audit, and close GTMS (Global Trouble Management System) tickets.
- Collects metrics data and prepares metrics reports.
- Passes down accurate and complete status information to following shift personnel.
Effective November 1, 2021, all positions will require successful candidates to obtain and show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination. ASRC Federal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
- Bachelor’s + 5 OR 6 additional years of IT experience in lieu of degree
- Active Top Secret level security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain SCI access.
- A DoD 8570 IAT Level II approved certification is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing ability, is required.
- Knowledge of computer and network security and system administration.
- Proficient skills in and heavy use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Experience in creating, monitoring, reporting, and closing Global Trouble Management System tickets.
- Experience with Remedy ticketing system is preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment is preferred.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.