Coordinator - #1963219
University of West Florida
Work type: Staff Full-time
Location: Pensacola - Main Campus
Categories: Human Resources
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran employer. Any individual requiring special accommodation to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting UWF Human Resources at 1-850-474-2694 (voice) or 1-850-857-6158 (TTY). E-Verify is required for employment. All applications for employment at the University are subject to Florida public records law.
Please review job requirements carefully. Failure to submit all pieces of the application may result in disqualification. Applications are accepted on the University of West Florida career site: https://careers.uwf.edu. For assistance contact UWF Human Resources at 850-474-2694 or [email protected]
Employment based visa sponsorship will NOT be considered for this position.Position Number: 107150
Position Title (Classification Title): Coordinator 107150
Working Title: Employee Relations Coordinator
Job Summary: This position coordinates the Employee Relations program, manages the Employee Recognition and Awards Program (ERAP), manages the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), administers the performance management system, manages the exit interview process, retirement and service awards, and interprets Collective Bargaining Agreements, policies, and procedures. This position coordinates workplace mediation, climate reviews, and coaches supervisors on various policies and procedures. This position manages the university's professional development program and creates and provides training to employees on a variety of topics related to areas of responsibility. Provides instructional supervision to the Human Resources Specialist who coordinates professional development, retirement, and service awards. Serves as the university Ombudsmen for staff
Department Human Resources
Minimum Qualifications: Masters degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelors degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience
Position Qualifications: Must have extensive knowledge of Federal and State laws regulating employment, employee relations, discipline, and professional development. Must obtain and retain current knowledge of university policies and procedures. Must have the ability to interpret laws, policies, and procedures and conduct investigations impartially. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive/confidential issues. Must have excellent customer service skills and mindset.
Strong computer skills and analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to understand, explain, and effectively apply employment policies and procedures. Knowledge of the Position, Performance and Employment Management. Perform mediation through informal problem-solving method for employees/supervisors who may be involved in workplace conflict. Manage cases, gather, analyze and document information, and facilitate communication. Train employees/supervisors in resolving workplace problems and/or conflict. Management System, collective bargaining agreements, applicable federal and state employment laws, and ADA compliance. Knowledge of university's organizational structure. Knowledge of mediation methods and interpretation of various procedures. Knowledge of performance evaluation policies and procedure
Preferred Qualifications Five years of experience in Human Resources. Preferably, in the areas of employee relations, informal dispute resolution, professional development, and performance management. Mediation, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification is a desired preference. Experience in performing duties related to Service Awards, Special Events, Payroll and Employment. Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite. Experience using an online applicant tracking system and experience using an ERP System, preferably SCT Banner. Require excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, and ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to complete work assignments with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality, while maintaining a professional attitude towards quality customer service
Essential Functions / Job Duties:
- 35% - Manages the Employee Relations program. Counsels employees and supervisors regarding disciplinary actions, investigates reported disciplinary infractions, interviews witnesses, and documents each interview and counseling sessions. Determines the appropriate discipline for each violation(s) and recommends appropriate disciplinary actions to managers and supervisors/department heads. Advises supervisors/managers on disciplinary action(s) to ensure discipline is administrated and written appropriately to the guidelines of university policy. Refers suspensions and separations from employment to the Associate Vice President of Human Resources. Reviews disciplinary documentation received from managers and supervisors and provides coaching to the managers/supervisors in the preparation of letters of counseling and reprimands by reviewing the final prior to presenting it to the employees. May participate in the employee’s disciplinary action meeting if preferred by the manager/supervisor/department head to provide guidance to the employee and manager to ensure that the meeting is conducted appropriately. At the direction of the Associate Vice President of Human Resources, notifies the employee of the predetermination procedure during a proposed suspension or separation from employment. Coordinates the predetermination conference, and ensures that the employee’s predetermination hearing deadlines are met. At the direction of the Associate Vice President for Human Resources, conducts internal departmental climate investigations on workplace environment issues and reviews Human Resources policies and procedures to determine infractions. Interviews each employee, analyzes information received, writes detailed report of findings, determines discipline and makes recommendations to include training and submits to appropriate requester. Liaisons with General Counsel as needed. Conducts departmental follow-up and/or second investigation to ensure investigator’s recommendations are implemented in a timely fashion. Coordinates and/or conducts mandatory training as it relates to the investigation findings. Conducts workplace mediation with managers, supervisors and employees to help resolve workplace and conflict issues through a variety of methods during mediation session(s). Advises and assists both parties in resolving the workplace issues. Develops and implements training on a variety of employee relations topics for all employees. Some topics may be specific to supervisors only. Mark bargaining reprimands invalid and maintain disciplinary spreadsheet. - (Essential)
- 20% - Coordinates the performance evaluation program and upgrades through the performance management system to include position orientation annually and special evaluations. Resolves and assists in resolving customer issues or problems related to service delivery of the performance management system to ensure it is meeting the needs of our customers. Develops and facilitates training to the University Work Force on the performance evaluation process through the performance management system and training on Conducting an Effective Performance. Counsels and advises supervisors and employees regarding performance evaluation process and procedures. Maintains, inputs and generates reports of the University Work Force performance evaluation data. Liaisons with the performance management system support technician or Customer Success Manager to make revisions and resolves performance management system problems. Reviews incoming evaluations in the performance management system for completion and uploads the performance ratings into Banner and run Banner ratings report to ensure that all ratings are uploaded successfully. - (Essential)
- 3% - Interprets Collective Bargaining Agreements for PBA, UFF and ASFCME. Maintains original documentation of Memorandum of Understanding and Tentative Agreements for PBA, UFF and ASFCME bargaining units. Attends Collective Bargaining Meetings as requested to take minutes. Liaisons and collaborates with the Associate Vice President of Human Resources, General Counsel, union representatives and employees in labor relations issues. Coordinates labor relations meeting with employees and union representatives. Notifies the Associate Vice President of Human Resources of any Labor Relations programs grievances for ASFCME and PBA. - (Essential)
- 5% - Manages the Employee Assistance Program for university’s campus. Liaisons with employees, managers and EAP consultants regarding employee’s issues. In collaboration with the Associate Vice President of Human Resources determines and makes recommendation if an employee should be referred or mandated to the Employee Assistance Program. Completes documentation for mandatory referrals and conducts follow-up with EAP counselors to ensure requirements are met within the recommended/mandated timeline. Collaborates with Procurement and the evaluation committee in the renewal of the EAP contract. - (Essential)
- 10% - Manages the annual Employee Relations Symposium. Develops and determines topics, dates, location, presenters, budget, catering, etc. Ensures that the budget is maintained. Liaisons with facilitators, student activities, catering service, and marketing & communication to ensure symposium goals are met. Creates plan to engage community partners as participants and sponsors to enhance the annual event. Implement and maintain Employee Relations Symposium webpage which allows registration, payments, and provides additional information regarding the annual event. Register event for SHRM/HRCI/Florida Bar/NALA recertification credits each year. - (Essential)
- 10% - Coordinates the Employee Recognition and Awards Program (ERAP). Distributes information to the division selection committee for the annual Nautilus Excellence Awards, Marion Viccars Award and Gabor Awards to ensure that each application meets the required qualifications. Develops ERAP timeline and monitors awards’ budget and collaborates with the ERAP Coordinating Committee to plan the ERAP ceremony. Ensures that required documentation is provided to committee members based on timeline and ensures that committee members follow the expected timeline. Markets the ERAP application process and ceremony via a variety of communication methods. Manages the employee service and retirement award programs. Liaison with Awardco to ensure points are distributed to award recipients, have quarterly meetings to provide feedback regarding platform, make necessary updates/changes to emails templates/functionality of the Awardco platform, review/approve nominations for employee recognition submission, work with payroll to ensure access for gift card reporting, and provides functional supervision to the HR Specialist who: • Coordinates the selection of retirement award items, places retirement award order, and notifies retired employee when award is available for pick-up. • Emails service award recipients of their eligibility, and prepares certificate for distribution. • Updates awards selection or status in online tracking software as needed. - (Essential)
- 10% - Manages the university’s professional development program. Analyzes training needs to provide new training and/or develops new training certification programs or modifies and improves existing programs. Coordinates edits and orders professional development brochures, flyers, and posters. Trains facilitators on use of equipment and sets up/closes training room. Stays abreast of new software/systems that will allow other campuses access to training opportunities that are being offered through Human Resources. Ensures that monthly training opportunities are provided to University employees through the Learning Library. Reviews training calendar for advertisements. Maintain the professional development website and Dynamic Forms. Schedule required annual Drug Free training to campus and promote awareness through flyer, banner, and/or brochures. Attend monthly Healthier U meetings to provide feedback and information regarding professional development opportunities, maintain, store, and disburse incentives. Creates, maintains and monitors online training opportunities through current UWF online training software and provides functional supervision to the HR Specialist who: • Updates and sends monthly professional development calendar for advertisement. • Creates, maintains and monitors (add/delete) professional development opportunities through online training software. • Reserves Human Resources training room for professional development and/or meetings. • Prepares documents for all Human Resources professional development such as sign-in sheets, evaluations, door signs, presentations, and certificates of completion. • Emails professional development attendees evaluation survey and facilitator evaluation report/results. • Serves as backup for opening/setting up and shutdown/locking up the Human Resources training room. Monitor professional development email box weekly. - (Essential)
- 5% - Serves as the university’s Ombudsman for staff (Work Force and OPS). - (Essential)
- 2% - Manages the Exit Interview process and provides functional supervision to the HR Specialist who: Creates and updates survey for exit interview in online survey software as needed. Mails exit interview postcards monthly, develops exit interview reports quarterly, and monitors survey responses bi-weekly or request for a meeting with a university representative. File documents for area of operation and provides backup assistance to Workers’ Compensation, and Front Desk (phone coverage) as needed. - (Essential)
- Physical Requirements: Occasional and/or light lifting required. Limited exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., but none to the point of being disagreeable. May involve minor safety hazards where likely results would be cuts, bruises, etc.
- Impact of Deadlines: Externally imposed deadlines set or revised on short notice. Frequent shifts in priority. Numerous interruptions requiring immediate attention. Unusual pressure on a daily basis due to accountability for success of major projects.
- Standing: Daily
- Walking: Daily
- Sitting: Daily
- Reaching with hands and arms: Daily
- Climbing or balancing: Occasionally
- Stooping: Occasionally
- Use of hands to handle objects: Daily
- Lifting up to 10lbs: Daily
- Lifting up to 25lbs: Daily
- Lifting over 25lbs: Occasionally
- Talking as express or exchange of ideas verbally: Daily
- Hearing as perceive sound by ear: Daily
- Vision as distinguish colors & depth: Daily
Special Requirements or Considerations of the Job:
This position requires a criminal background screen
Number of Vacancies 1
Work Hours 8:00am - 5:00pm
Salary Range $45,000 - $50,000
Pay Basis Annually
Closing Date: 11/30/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants: Candidates must apply online through the University of West Florida website: https://careers.uwf.edu.
Applicants are required to attach a resume, cover letter and three references
An opportunity to upload these documents will be provided during the application process.
For assistance, please contact Human Resources at 850-474-2694 or email [email protected]
Advertised: November 15, 2021
Applications close: November 30, 2021
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.