Nutritional Services Supervisor FT Days - #1901188
AdventHealth Winter Park
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION! Nutritional Services Supervisor - AdventHealth -Winter Park Location Address: 201 NORTH LAKEMONT AVENUE, Winter Park, FL 32792
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Winter Park
- Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years
- Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness
- Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Remains visible and available in the work area to support staff and engage with customers.
- Works proactively to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensures appropriate staffing, and that food inventory vs. menu needs is sufficient to avoid closing stations, modifying service, and minimizing food substitutions.
- Responsible for daily inspections and audits of work areas, including temperature logs, cleaning schedules, and image standards, and trains staff on inspection and audit criteria.
- Incorporates safety and sanitation principles in all activities, and teaches standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and safety.
- Communicates effectively and timely, both verbally and in written documentation with all levels of staff, customers, and patients
- Comprehends and conveys information to staff regarding inspections, audits, and scorecard results.
- Oversees employee performance, cross-training, and scheduling.
- Coordinates shift coverage issues while minimizing overtime hours and agency use.
- Participates in action planning and implementation of improvement activities.
- Actively participates in new employee onboarding and orientation.
- Practices stewardship while managing resources, including increasing revenue and employee engagement while controlling labor use, turnover, inventory, supplies, and equipment.
- May check in deliveries and review invoices.
- Successfully navigates the organizations web resources and references (InSite, SharePoint, and Adventist Learning Network)
- Ensure appropriate use of technology
- Has appropriate competency for computer-based programs (CBORD and Microsoft Office).
What You Will Need: Required:
- 2-years’ experience working in the hospitality industry
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team and service-oriented
- Creative, innovative, and receptive to change
- Proficient in Windows Office Suite, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel
- ServSafe Certification or equivalent
- Associates degree in hospitality or related field
- Certified Dietary Manager
- Culinary Arts certification
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Familiar with CBORD computerized software programs
- Culinary Arts certification or degree
The Nutritional Services Supervisor oversees daily operations for patients and customers including patient meal services, catering, and cafeteria/food production functions. Works closely with the Manager to establish expectations, plans, and priorities. Holds staff accountable for standards, such as sanitation and productivity. Conducts team meetings, employee recognition, and diversity awareness. Schedules employees for training, coaches and conducts positive discipline and performance evaluations. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.