Traffic Management Operator III - #1888574
What We're Looking For
Senior level position that ensures safe and efficient traffic movement and monitors roadways including detecting, confirming, updating and responding to scheduled and unscheduled traffic incidents, congestion and travel time imbalances.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Some post high school training
- Experience operating computers, working in fast paced / quickly changing work environment
- Good communication skills – oral, writing, reports, clear communication over radio
What You'll Need
- Senior level operator position performing functions under close supervision and to established procedures.
- Performs all duties and may defer the most complex issues to a supervisor.
- May serve as “shift team leader”.
- May train new operators and provide guidance to more junior operators.
- Operates various computer-based traffic management systems to manage traffic and incidents on roadways and improve traffic conditions.
- Monitors roadways via CCTV surveillance cameras and detection systems.
- Monitors all traffic devices and computer equipment associated with the system.
- Maintains advanced knowledge on the operation of all traffic equipment, computers and software associated with the traffic systems.
- Utilizes traffic equipment for incident management and the improvement of travel time, safety, and quality of life of the traveling motorists and toll customers.
- Continually checks the accuracy and validity of the messages displayed on all DMS and 511.
- Aware of all 511 messages broadcasted on a particular system.
- Enters incident information into computer systems using traffic software.
- Becomes familiar with the roadways and understands the purpose and location of each traffic device (i.e. detector stations, CCTV, and 511).
- Alerts operator staff to new and existing memos.
- Uses SOG to detect, dispatch, monitor, and document roadway incidents.
- Confers with partners (highway patrol, Road Rangers, Local Law Enforcement, Fire Rescue, etc.) as well as adjacent Traffic Management Centers or other DOT Districts to coordinate resources for incidents that may affect regional travel.
- Dispatches Road Rangers and assists Road Rangers with other tasks, such as phone calls, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- 2 years experience as Traffic Management Operator II level or directly comparable experience
- Excellent working knowledge of traffic management systems
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
R-06886 Full Time #AJ #Traffic #ProgramManagement
At HNTB, we are harnessing the power of collaboration and innovation to establish a new vision for the future of mobility across our country. You don’t have to look far to see our impact. For more than a century, HNTB’s spark has connected people and places, expanded opportunity, and left a lasting impact on our communities. Our culture of integrity and inclusion, combined with groundbreaking solutions, has affirmed our reputation and positioned our firm as the industry leader in delivering extraordinary value.
When you join HNTB, you are joining an employee-owned firm founded on the values of integrity, collaboration, personal accountability, respect for others, and the development of all employees. We are committed to the continual improvement of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We encourage our employees to bring their whole and authentic selves to work, provide them a meaningful welcoming environment where they are valued, celebrated and respected. Diversity of thought and unique perspectives drives innovation, engagement and retention, which makes HNTB better and brings value to our clients and our communities.
HNTB is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer .
HNTB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. We will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).
Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is typically not available for entry level positions.
- HNTB participates in E-Verify
- Know your rights: Right to Work
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.