Operations Manager - Construction - #1840621
Crown Castle USA Inc.
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. As the largest shared infrastructure provider in the United States, Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers, 80,000 small cells and over 80,000 route miles of fiber across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is a NYSE S&P 500 and Fortune 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $110 billion.
Position Title - Operations Manager - Construction - 6E
Responsible for the day-to-day activities of a team of network construction managers that has a dedicated focus on vendor management, work order execution, construction, and restoration of Crown Castle fiber networks and services that are consistent with all defined standard operating processes and procedures. Each network construction team is expected to maintain open communication across all areas of the business and work as a unit with consistency while building, implementing, and restoring or maintaining services. Accountable for their assigned team and area for delivering KPIs including but not limited to OpEx spend, MTTR, % On-Time Install, fiber complete for small cell, installed enterprise, and venue (in-building) revenue.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise a team of Network Construction Managers in support of the assigned area of responsibility for construction demands, Cap and OpEx management, as well as KPIs.
- Provide support to the Manager of Network Construction for communication with the NOC, Engineering, Field Operations, Project Management and Change management teams.
- Provide support to the Manager of Network Construction to monitor and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of deliverables and supporting workflows in order to measure operational performance, as well as, identify and assess areas of opportunity for improved process efficiencies and performance
- Conduct Fiber, HH, and Splice case inventory
- Assist with OTMR process
- Maintain knowledge of technology in use, and/or under development for its impact or potential impact on the operational business process
- Provide support to the Manager of Network Construction for the assigned areas respective CAPEX and OPEX spend and budgets
- Maintain quality service by understanding and enforcing organization standards
- Develop and coach network construction manager team. Identify training gaps and create a career path for team members.
- Supervise a team to provide necessary network maintenance support 24 hours, seven days a week, 365 days a year
- Schedule and prioritize the workload of the network construction and external vendor resources within an assigned area
- Provide support to the Manager of Network Construction in partnerships with utility and municipal providers to streamline permit application, process, and initiatives such as the FCC’s One Touch Make-Ready program.
- Supervise team for the purposes of (including but not limited to)
- Management of external vendors necessary for timely completion and within budget
- Initial construction reviews in accordance with project specifications.
- Oversee site construction, managing schedule, and resources on all projects
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Coordination of all permitting and licensing activities.
- Development of permit and construction plans
- Participate in the Vendor evaluation and selection process.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- B.S in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction related field or equivalent work experience required
- A valid driver’s license required
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 Certificates are preferred
- 5 years of experience performing (or equivalent work experience)
- Fiber engineering design, splicing and/or construction implementation experience
- Experience with optical test equipment including OTDR, PMD, Optical Spectrum Analyzer
- Working knowledge of fiber construction standards (aerial and underground)
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proven people and project management skills
- Candidate has a strong background in and a good working knowledge of fiber optic infrastructure engineering, construction, and restoration methods
- Familiarity with Outside Plant (OSP) and Inside Plant (ISP) installation standards and practices
- The ideal candidate will possess both an expertise in reporting as well as an understanding of workflows, customer needs, and underlying technology
- The candidate must have strong analytical skills and proven ability in determining the root cause of problems and the base set of conditions for their occurrence. He/she must exhibit the ability to assess the priority and severity of issues by understanding business objectives, technical costs, and user needs as well as weigh alternatives for resolution. Curiosity, initiative, and drive, along with the ability to quickly learn new technology, and a willingness to think strategically and tactically will be critical to success in this position.
- Ability to diagnose work flow problems and institute remedies
- The individual must possess and employ the highest ethical and business standards and always conduct himself/herself with the greatest degree of professional integrity.
- Position needs to be able to operate in a fast paced customer focused environment handling multiple priorities at a time, delivering quality service to diverse user groups and customers
- Position must be available for emergency support on a 24 hour X 7 day basis
- A positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional results for our customers.
- Personal commitment to safety, integrity, and continual professional development
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint) skills
Manager - Network Construction
Title(s) of direct reports includes but not limited to:
Network Construction Manager, Fiber Engineer
- 1 year(s): PMT, Oracle, CRM, JD Edwards, and CCI Sites
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)